We are thrilled to offer the Palette Poetry Prize this year: $4000 and publication with Palette Poetry. We are seeking one excellent poem that speaks to what poetry is and can be for our world today. Send us your incandescent heart on the page.
The winner will be selected by our guest judge, Shane McCrae:
Shane McCrae is the author of six books of poetry: The Gilded Auction Block (forthcoming from Farrar, Straus and Giroux), In the Language of My Captor (Wesleyan University Press, 2017), which was a finalist for the National Book Award and the Los Angeles Times Book Prize; The Animal Too Big to Kill (Persea Books, 2015), winner of the 2014 Lexi Rudnitsky/Editor’s Choice Award; Forgiveness Forgiveness (Factory Hollow Press, 2014); Blood (Noemi Press, 2013); and Mule (Cleveland State University Poetry Center, 2011). He is the recipient of a Whiting Writers’ Award and a National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship. He teaches at Columbia University and lives in New York City.
Palette's editors will choose the fifteen finalists, and any honorable mentions they think deserve extra attention. Second and third place will receive $300 and $200, respectively.
- Submissions are open internationally, to any poet writing in English—other languages are okay to include, as long as the meat of the poem is in English.
- We accept simultaneous submissions—just please send us a note if your work is picked up elsewhere (We want to say congrats!)
- There is no page requirement, but submission must be no more than 3 poems. Please submit all your poems in ONE document.
- We do accept multiple submissions, but each submission will include the reading fee.
- Please include a brief cover letter with your publication history
- Review our FAQ page for frequently asked questions.
- Contest closes on August 15th, 2018.
- Reading Fee: $20