We're excited to offer a unique prize to kickoff 2019.
In today's saturated poetry world, the most difficult job for a poet can be finding the spotlight. Any one of us can be tremendously talented, but our work may never see a press if we don't find the opportunity to stand out from crowd. We want to help you stand out from the crowd.
The winner of this award will receive publication, $2000, and a unique opportunity to have themselves profiled across a quarter-page advertisement in Poets & Writers: bio, headshot, excerpt of work, and contact information for solicitation. Poets & Writers has a circulation of over 70,000 print and 100,000+ monthly visitors.
Palette's editors will choose the winner, and any honorable mentions they think deserve extra attention. Second and third place will receive $300 and $200, respectively.
Our goal is to highlight you, the poet. All information will be approved by you, including layout, design, and verbiage in the advertisement. It will be entirely to your liking.
- Submissions are open internationally, to any poet writing in English—other languages are okay to include, as long as the meat of the poem is in English.
- We accept simultaneous submissions—just please send us a note if your work is picked up elsewhere (We want to say congrats!).
- There is no page requirement, but submission must be no more than 3 poems. Please submit all your poems in ONE document.
- Unpublished work only.
- We do accept multiple submissions, but each submission will include the reading fee.
- Please include a brief cover letter with your publication history
- Review our FAQ page for frequently asked questions.
- Contest closes on January 15, 2019.